Police raid minister’s home after three bodies found in nearby well




QUETTA, Pakistan — Police have raided the home of Balochistan Minister for Construction and Communications Abdul Rehman Khetran following the discovery of three bullet-riddled bodies in a well near his house in Barkhan district.

Following their funeral prayers in Kohlu on Tuesday morning, tribe members brought the bodies of a woman and two men to the Abdul Sattar Edhi Chowk in Quetta.

Khan Muhammad Marri, a Kohlu resident, claimed his wife and two sons were the victims. Marri’s audio message began to circulate on social media. "I am the heir to the Barkhan bodies. "They are my sons and my wife," he insisted. "Five slaves are still in possession of Sardar Abdul Rehman," he claimed.

Protesters demanded justice for the family at the Fayyaz Sumbal Chowk in response to the murders.

Khetran has denied any involvement in the killing, claiming to be a "peaceful and law-abiding person," according to the press. "Accusations of owning a private prison and murdering three people are a conspiracy to harm my political reputation," he said, adding that the previous government searched his home. "It would have been discovered if there had been a jail," he insisted, "but if anyone is still in doubt, they can check my house."

He said the allegations were a "sinister attempt" to deprive him of the "right of regional politics."

According to a press release, a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) has been formed to investigate the murders led by the Loralai Range DIG.

According to a notification, the SSP Investigation, Special Branch Barkhan representative, and Barkhan DC have all been included in the JIT, which has been given 30 days to submit a report to the government.

As word of the heinous murders spread, several Balochistan Assembly members in Quetta condemned the incident.

TOP